Get Surly at the Source: The Surly Taproom at our Brooklyn Center Brewery.
CLOSED 9/20-9/21 FOR SURLYFEST! GET SURLYFEST TIX BEFORE THEY'RE GONE!
We’ll be serving a revolving menu of Surly regular beers, seasonal beers and special beers on tap and in cans. You’ll also be able to shop at the Taproom merch store, take part in occasional free tours of the brewery and try some great food from a variety of local food trucks. Come down, grab a beer and Get Surly at our place.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover credit cards and we ID EVERYONE. If under 21, you must be accompanied by an adult. As always, don’t be a dick or we have the right to throw you out, and always be respectful of our neighbors when you leave.
We do not sell growlers and there are no off-sales at the Taproom.
We are located at 4811 Dusharme Drive in beautiful Brooklyn Center, MN, 55429. We are just south of I-694 and Highway 100, just off of France Ave. N.
Click here for a Google map for the Surly Taproom.
If you feel like saving gas, you can also cycle to the Taproom via the Theodore Wirth Off-Road Cycling Trail from the Twin Cities. We have plenty of bike parking.
Taproom Hours - CLOSED 9/20-9/21 FOR SURLYFEST!
Friday 3:00-9:00pm - NO LOT PARKING FOR SURLYFEST SETUP.
Sunday CLOSED FOR SURLYFEST CLEANUP.
Regular hours resume next week.
Special Cask On Tap This Week (9/15/14):
Wednesday, 9/17: Furious, dry hopped with Ahtanum. Made by Surly brewer Ben Smith. (When it's gone, it's gone!)
On Tap This Week (9/15/14):
- Surly Cultivate Dandelion Saison - Surly Cultivate is a Belgian-style Saison brewed with Pils and Rye malts and bittered with dandelion greens, not hops.
- Damien - "The demon spawn of Darkness", Damien is a 8.8% small beer beer made from the second runnings of Darkness.
- Cacao Bender - Bender made with cacao nibs, vanilla beans, and coffee.
- Bitter Brewer - Pale orange in color, this ale gets intense toast and marmalade character from British malt and American hops, think a sessionable pale ale.
- Pentagram - Brettanomyces is the unique yeast strain used to ferment this dark beer. Fermented in stainless then aged in used red wine barrels creating flavors of sour cherry, tobacco, oak and classic “Brett” barnyard funk and tartness, balanced by Dark Munich malt chewiness.
- BLAKKR - An Imperial Black IPA (India Pale Ale) with flavors of black licorice and bitter sweet hops with strong hop aromas of pineapple. 9.99% ABV. A collaborative recipe developed by the brewers of Three Floyds, Real Ale and Surly.
In Cans This Week (9/15/14):
- Coffee Bender
Serving Outside the Taproom This Week (9/15/14):
Regular hours resume next week.
We'll be running FREE brewery tours during the following times:
Saturday, 9/20 - SURLYFEST! Regular tour schedule will resume next week.
Sunday, 9/21 - CLOSED! Regular tour schedule will resume next week.
Sign up for the tour in person at the taproom one hour before each tour. Tour spots are limited to 30 people.
Get home safe, call a cab:
Dry Drivers 651-493-9363 (These guys will drive your car home!)
Green & White Taxi 763-545-1234
Town Taxi 763-592-6446