No, there is no cost! Yes, the beer is free!
But, they fill up fast.
Want info about how to join us for a tour? Scroll down to read our Surly Tour FAQ!
Sign up for a tour HERE.
We are taking a tour hiatus in the month of June so we can gear up for the warm summer months ahead. Keep checking back for updated tour information.
We are located at 4811 Dusharme Drive in beautiful Brooklyn Center, MN, 55429.
We are just south of 694 and Highway 100, just off of France Ave North.
Click here for a Google map of Surly.
Please don't call the brewery with questions about tours. We're busy making beer. If you've read the FAQ below and still have questions, email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
- Online registration for all tours opens on Fridays, 3 weeks prior to the weekend of the tour.
- Online registration opens sometime between 8AM - 10AM.
- If you want to register for a tour on a particular date, you should check online between 8AM - 10AM, 3 weeks prior to the weekend that you would like to attend.
- We're busy making beer. Sometimes registration will open late and/or with no announcement. We want you to come see the place, but thirst comes first!
- We card everyone who comes into the joint. It doesn't matter if you look 21 or 81, BRING YOUR ID.
- We REQUIRE each attendee to donate a non-perishable food item as their ticket for entrance. Here is a suggested list of needed items. In 2010, 8,359 pounds of food were donated to the Emergency Foodshelf Network.
In 2011, 16,030 pounds of food were donated. 7,396 pounds of food have been donated so far in 2012.
- You can register up to 4 people at once.
- We do not have a waiting list of any kind.
- Substitutions are fine. If someone backed out and you found a replacement, just let us know when you get here.
- We do not accommodate requests for groups to attend our tours. Space is extremely limited. Sorry, but we can't justify reserving spots for your group when we have to turn dozens of people away each week.
- We do not provide private tours. We only hold tours at the times listed above.
- Doors open 5 minutes before the tour starts.
- Don't randomly stop by the brewery looking for a tour. We only give tours at the times listed above.
- We are a brewery. We have beer. If you want a juice box, root beer, or anything other than tap water, bring it along.
- We are a brewery. We have beer. We do not have food.
- Kids are welcome, as long as Mom or Dad are with them (and no, they don't get beer tokens).
- You must be over 21 to attend, unless your parents are with you.
- We know it's your husband's birthday or your buddy's bachelor party, but we do not take reservations in any manner except as detailed above!
- You'll get some beer to drink while you're here.
- We do not sell pints of beer, cans of beer, growlers, or kegs at the brewery.